This week on Talk Recovery Radio we welcome the board of Recovery Day BC, including Talk Recovery Radio co host Giuseppe Ganci, he is joined by Susan Hogarth and Lorinda Strang. This Saturday September 10th is Recovery Day BC’s 10th anniversary which will include musical guests, food trucks, over 200 health and wellness vendor booths including artisans and a massive kids zone. Don’t miss the MUST attend mental health and addiction street festival at 6th Street and 6th Avenue in New Westminster.
September 10th, 2022, New Westminster BC
Canada’s Largest Addiction and Mental Health Recovery Day Festival.
Recovery Day BC – 10th Anniversary
Noon to 6 pm, September 10th
New Westminster BC.
6th and 6th Stage Program
- 12:00– 1:00 Eagle Eyes – Eagles tribute band
- 2:00 – 3:00 Busty and the Bass
- 3:30 – 4:30 Snotty Nose Rez Kids
- 5:00 – 6:00 Tom Cochrane
Kids Stage at 5th Av and 6th street
- 12:00 – 12:15 Will’s Jams Opening
- 12:15 – 1:00 Penny Pom Pom
- 1:00 – 1:10 Cosmo Circus
- 1:30 – 2:15 Karima Essa – Bollywood Star Workshop
- 2:15 – 2:25 Cosmo Circus
- 3:00 – 3:45 Fred Penner
- 4:00 – 4:50 Will’s Jam
- 4:50 – 5:00 Cosmo Circus
- 5:05 – 6:00 themagicguy.ca Gary Savard
Korki Clown, facepainters, clowns, balloon artists, the Fun GymBus, LEGO TENT, Tumble City Cheer Parkour Gymnastics, Lollipop the Bubble Clown, COCO the parrot, and so much more.
- Rock Climbing Wall
- Virtual Reality Experience
- Axe Throwing
BC Addiction Recovery Association Stage
- 12:00 Bungalow
- 1:15 Will Clements
- 2:30 Amber Tsang
- 3:35 Tess Anderson
- 5:00 Sugar Fungus
Plus 2 more stages
My Uptown New West Stage features – Cakewalk Dance Band & Djs
5th St and 6th Ave Stage Royal City Swing
Over 200 Vendor Spaces Booked
What is happening at Recovery Day?
- Food Trucks
- Mental Health and Addiction Service Providers
- Adventure Zone with Rock Climbing, Virtual Reality Pods, Swing Dancing, and Axe Throwing
- Kids Zone with Facepainters, Clowns, Magicians, Balloon Art
- Overdose Memorial Tree to honour those lost too soon
- 4 Music Stages
Recovery Day BC in New Westminster has become one of the world’s largest events celebrating recovery and raising awareness that recovery from addiction and mental health issues is possible.
See you on September 10th, 2022 in the Uptown New West Neighborhood at 6th and 6th.
Listen and Subscribe
Talk Recovery airs live every Thursday at noon on 100.5 FM, Vancouver Coop Radio. The Last Door produces this weekly radio show discussing the many pathways to addiction recovery. To end stigma we must continue to talk about recovery. Talk Recovery is in its 7th Season, Hundreds of guests, thousands of listeners, thank you. Show ideas? Email email@example.com
Powered by #NewWestRecovery