Back by demand, Earn 2 CEU Hours, Free Webinar hosted by the BC Council on Substance Abuse, Health Upwardly Mobile and Last Door. Missed last month’s webinar? Due to high demand we will host a 2nd webinar next Wednesday June 25th. Addiction in the Workplace is a safety issue is your Workplace addiction ready? 25 seats available, CACCF Continuing Education hours available to participants.
By Dr. Raju Hajela
Marijuana has been in the news a lot lately, especially since 20 U.S. states and the District of Columbia have allowed ready access to “medical marijuana” over the last several years. More recently, some states, such as Colorado and Washington, have legalized the sale of marijuana to adults above age 21. Not all laws are the same and there remains a wide range of regulations and provisions for enforcement.
John Fluevog Shoes is donating 50% of its sales to recovery on July 3rd.
Join us for the special event, includes music and entertainment. plus GREAT SHOES 🙂
Over 30 supporters have signed up already.. our goal is 100 donors donating $100 a month to support KeyStone Family Addiction Program.
- July 26 – Family Fun Day
- August 3 – Clean Sober & Proud
- August 22-24 – DoorSlam, Recovery Slo-Pitch Tournament
- September 13 – Recovery Day
The Rainbow Lodge Recovery Retreat wants to see you in beautiful Powell Lake, Powell River, BC. This summer we are inviting the recovery community to come to Powell Lake and experience Rainbow Lodge for yourself.
When I had finished my primary treatment at the Last Door, I had never expected a transition to a new environment. I completed my Twelve Steps and had begun wondering what my next step would be, figuratively and literally. I was only six months clean, although when I say only I mean that I wasn’t quite prepared to suddenly strike out on my own without any true practice of living “outside of the bubble.”
In general Last Door’s dogs are part of the home like environment of the residential addiction treatment program. We are long term and strive to keep the atmosphere homelike rather than institutional and find the dogs’ presence makes a significant contribution to a homelike atmosphere.
- Canada’s 5th Annual Premier Psychotherapy Conference Healing and Treating Trauma, Addictions and Related Disorders
- Selling medical marijuana online
- Vancouver’s pot vending machine gets upgrades
- Don’t get burned by marijuana stocks, regulators warn
- Reducing the alcohol age increased assaults of young males
- Summer concerts amp up drug screening after ‘Molly’ deaths
- ‘Cool kids’ not destined to stay that way: study
- New approach unveiled to help tackle mental health issues in teens
- Afghan opium poppy production on rise, threatens to turn back reconstruction effort
- Opiate overdose deaths rising across Canada
- Death by prescription painkiller
Call our addiction recovery helpline at 1-888-525-9771