listen to past shows here www.talkrecoveryradio.com
Daily Meditations for Codependents and Al-Anons …with a Sense of Humor
By Misti B.
Recovery from alcoholism, addiction, or codependency takes hard work, dedication, and perseverance. The struggle to stay mindful is a profound topic, but a new book proves it is possible to see the bright side of the things you struggle with while discovering that laughter can be a sign of healing.
IF YOU LEAVE ME, CAN I COME WITH YOU?: Daily Meditations for Codependents and Al-Anons…with a Sense of Humor (Hazelden; September 2015; $15.95; Original Trade Paperback) by Misti B., a seasoned traveler on the road to recovery, contains lessons, anecdotes, and musings that were “…written to bring humor to anyone recovering from codependency or who participates in Al-Anon.”
“I believe it is possible to find happiness and joy on the road to recovery,” says Misti B. She exemplifies this outlook for each day of the year, beginning with New Year’s Day (“…few other holidays bring this much hope…”). While each day presents its own hurdles, Misti faces them with optimism and strength. Written with honesty and humor, Misti is self-reflective of her life as an Al-Anon, codependent, and how her recovery has created new perceptions of the people and places around her.
Misti B. takes the lessons and information learned in Twelve-Step meetings and applies them to real world situations, like reacting to anger, learning to let go of regret, resisting the urge to be passive-aggressive, and forgiving others. Every day presents a new opportunity to learn, to grow, and to become a better person.
IF YOU LEAVE ME, CAN I COME WITH YOU? offers:
- Meditations and wisdom to successfully tackle everyday challenges we all face, whether or not you identify as a codependent, Al-Anon or as someone in recovery.
- Advice on how to deal with Christmas, Valentine’s Day, and other holidays
- Tips for working through common struggles that people in Al-Anon face, such as perfectionism, caretaking, people-pleasing, and more
- Lighthearted and humorous approaches to struggling through stressful events and situations
- The Twelve Steps of Al-Anon and the Twelve Steps of Codependents Anonymous
IF YOU LEAVE ME, CAN I COME WITH YOU? by Misti B. delivers the carefully balanced mix of support, inspiration, and healthy irreverence to make the daily recovery process much easier.
ABOUT THE AUTHORFor more information, visit Misti on her website at www.mistibwrites.com
ABOUT HAZELDEN: Daily Meditations for Codependents and Al-Anons…with a Sense of HumorHazelden PublishingISBN-13: 978-1616496159Price: $15.95
- Misti Barnes, a writer, filmmaker, and recovering codependent, writes humorous books about life in recovery, shining some light into normally very dark spaces. Misti’s career in entertainment—producing live events, writing and directing for stage, TV, and film—combined with her dysfunctional upbringing provide the fodder for her gritty but inspiring recovery stories.