Youth and Adult Addiction Treatment Centre E – Newsletter Issue #65 2015
3 Prizes – Buy Tickets
- Online travel gift card, $2,000
- Dutchman Tattoo, $400
- Focal Deluxe Headphones, $300
Alumni Group, Family Group, Kids Zone and Dinner, join us in Red Deer Alberta this year on July 11th for our annual recovery celebration. Please contact Michelle in Alberta or call Last Door to order your tickets, Kids Free! Last Door Recovery Centre is pleased to offer long term treatment to Alberta Residents. Thanks for staying clean and part of!
Families of Clients and Alumni, referral agents and supporters are invited to Last Door`s Annual Family Fun Day. Addiction has been part of a client’s family dynamics for far too long, having family fun in recovery changes everyone’s perspective while creating new memories. BBQ sponsored by Save On Foods, kids zone, photo booth and live interactive entertainment for the kids on the main stage. July 4th at Queens Park 11 am to 4 pm
- Westminster House and Last Door Clients having fun in recovery
- Alumni and Parents are game referees
- Moody Park
Come out for a gathering of people who live clean, sober and proud! Join us for the Pride Parade’s Recovery Float and this year’s evening event will be held for the first time on Davie Street, in the Shoppers Drug Mart parking lot. We are pleased to announce the headlining entertainer from Rupaul’s Drag Race, Alaska Thunderf#ck 5000, along with local talent: Crystal Clearly, Celestial Seasons, Cadence Winter Matthews, Alma Bitches, Adam Zapple, Scizzor Fairy, Saulo Davis, Peter Konrad, Cinnamon Winters, DJ Clean Freq and DA Productions.
Every week Last Door powers up the air ways with Talk Recovery, a radio show about addiction and recovery issues. Expert Guests from across North America discuss the many paths to recovery with us on 100.5 fm in Vancouver. Recent shows:
- Get through pain without getting addicted to Opiates
- 6 free principles for guilt free highs
- E Cigarettes .. Healthy or not healthy
- Addiction Survival Kit
- The Science Behind 12 Step Recovery
- Replay past shows www.talkrecoveryradio.com
It’s almost a year since Last Door expanded with the addiction of its Keystone Facility, every Monday, on average 10 clients participate in a week long retreat at Keystone. Clients and their families participate in recovery together.
The Gardens at Keystone are producing delicious fruits and vegetables creating a sustainable menu for our main facility in New Westminster.
A new tradition has also started, every Thursday is Alumni Speaker Meeting Night. Clients, Family Members and Alumni gather together to celebrate the message of recovery and help the newcomer see how long term recovery is possible.
- Fentanyl: The king of all opiates, and a killer drug crisis
- How more women are drinking like men – and why it’s dangerous
- Pot use in youth has numerous mental and physical health risks, U of Guelph president suggests
- More medical research needed to confirm benefits of pot, doctors say
- Rehab centres need an accreditation fix
- Marijuana merger creates dominant domestic player
Call our addiction recovery helpline at 1-888-525-9771